MERLION Partners in Annual DISTREE Russia & CIS 2014 Forum
On June 24-26, St. Petersburg hosted the eleventh annual DISTREE Russia & CIS 2014 forum for ICT, digital devices and consumer electronic equipment market actors. The Forum has a deserved reputation as the largest and most authoritative independent event in the Russian IT market. During the three-day exhibition, about 3,000 scheduled and many more unscheduled meetings are held. That is why DISTREE is traditionally attended by major consumer electronic equipment manufacturers and not so well-known newcomers both from Russia and abroad.
This year MERLION took part in DISTREE Russia & CIS as a partner and installed a booth over 12 meters long. The distributor’s booth contained workplaces for personal meetings of MERLION and vendors with partners. All meetings were pre-scheduled and held according to the schedule.
"DISTREE Russia & CIS is a major event in the Russian IT market. MERLION’s delegation participates every year in this forum. This year we have decided for the first time to participate as a partner", says a representative of MERLION. "Our booth was one of the most visited places in DISTREE, which is understandable - eight vendors, 14 MERLION’s representatives, excellent opportunities for efficient negotiations, plus our reputation in the market. According to our calculations, more than 100 visitors visited our booth, and 80 people had personal meetings. It’s a very high return on such a participation model!"
The forum was attended by MERLION’s executives and key product managers of Wide-Range Distribution and System Integration Divisions. Representatives of the following manufacturers attended:
- Digma (Hong Kong), one of the leading manufacturers of digital devices, such as electronic books, tablets and smart phones, MP3 players, media players, digital photo frames, TV tuners; a wide range of automotive electronic devices: DVRs, GPS navigators, radar detectors, GPS receivers, FM transmitters.
- FSP, a leading Taiwanese manufacturer of power supply units for PCs and the 5th largest power supply vendor in the world.
- Fujitsu, a leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services.
- Hama (Germany), one of the leading accessory companies specializing in the areas including accessories for photo, video, audio, multimedia, computer and telecommunications.
- HSM (Germany), an international market leader for media destruction devices (shredders).
- Miracase, a major manufacturer of accessories for mobile equipment: laptop and camera bags, cases for tablets and phones, mobile batteries, chargers, headphones and cables.
- Steelseries is a leading manufacturer of gaming peripherals and accessories, including headsets, keyboards, mice, software and gaming surfaces.
- Thermaltake, a Taiwanese company that produces computer cases, coolers, radiators, liquid cooling systems, power supplies, coolers for laptops and computer accessories. The brand personality is Unique, Aggressive, Vivid and Stylish.
In conclusion, it is worth noting that at DISTREE EMEA Forum in February this year, MERLION was awarded EMEA Channel Academy: 2014 Awards as Distributor of the Year in Russia and the CIS.